We are delighted to announce that our first ever chosen Charity is one very close to our hearts, The Hospice of the Good Shepherd at Backford. They provide a haven to support the unique physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of those with life limiting illness and their families.
The Hospice provide services across the areas we cover, such as West Cheshire and Deeside and there is a strong possibility our members will have had either direct experience of the fantastic services the Hospice provides, or will certainly know of someone who has been cared for.
It’s important we all recognise the financial challenges such charitable funded Hospices are facing. While Hospice of the Good Shepherd provides its services free of charge to its patients only 24% of their funding is received from statutory sources, the remaining 76% is needs to be raised through fundraising activities and the support of our very generous local community in Cheshire.
While we at West Cheshire Credit Union will be providing an annual donation, our aim is to also enable a legacy gifting option to our members as part of their beneficiary selection. Should you wish to amend the beneficiary details we currently hold you can click on the link to the right and we will send you the form that you will need to complete and return to us. Alternatively, if you would like to give your support directly to the Hospice of the Good Shepherd, or find out more about the outstanding services they provide then please do look them up at www.hospiceofthegoodshepherd.com