· You can download and print off a membership application form here or you can contact one of our offices and we will post one out to you.
· Complete the membership application form in full, ensuring you read and sign the declaration.
· Post the application or drop it off at either our Chester or Ellesmere Port offices and we will do the rest.
· We process all applications as soon as possible, usually within five working days.
· We ask that you to submit formal proof of your identity and address with your application to ensure that we meet the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and Anti Money Laundering Regulations. All members must provide one document to prove who they are and a different document to prove where they live.
There is a one-off non-refundable membership fee of £5, and a minimum share deposit of £2 which can be collected at the time of application or from your first deposit.
- Current passport.
- Current UK full driving licence.
- Certified national insurance card accompanied by a P60 certificate
- Payslip showing name and national insurance number
- Notification from the Benefits Agency confirming the right to any benefit
- Tax notification
- Personal reference signed by Doctor, Dentist or School Teacher
- Photo identification card from a recognised employer based within the common bond area.
- Original utility bill, dated within the last 3 months; mobile phone bills are not acceptable
- Current UK full driving licence (if not used to prove identity)
- Original local authority tax bill
- Original solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase
- Local authority rent card or tenancy agreement
- Bank or building society or post office statement
- Mortgage statement, dated within the last 12 months
- Personal reference from Doctor, Dentist or School Teacher (if not used to prove identity).
· Alternatively you can now join the Credit Union online. By applying online you agree to West Cheshire Credit Union undertaking an electronic identity check to confirm that the details provided are correct and to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations. You can complete the online membership application by clicking on the link below.
There is a one-off non-refundable membership fee of £5 which will be deducted from your first deposit. We ask that members also maintain a minimum balance of £2 to keep their account active.