Become a member today and benefit from safe saving and affordable borrowing.
Joining is simple and if you live, work, volunteer or study within Cheshire West and Chester or Cheshire East you qualify for membership under our common bond rules. We accept members of any age however the application process is different for our Junior members aged under 16. If you would like further information about our junior accounts please contact us on Chester 01244 399006.
There are two ways you can join the credit union. You can either complete a paper copy of our application form the details of which are below or you can submit an online membership application here.
Paper based Application – The Process
- You can obtain an application form by downloading and printing one off here or you can contact one of our offices and we will post a membership application form to you.
- Complete the membership application form in full, ensuring you read and sign the declaration.
- Post the application or drop it off at either our Chester or Ellesmere Port offices and we will do the rest.
- We process all applications as soon as possible, usually within five working days.
- We ask that you to submit formal proof of your identity and address with your application to ensure that we meet the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and Anti Money Laundering Regulations. All members must provide one document to prove who they are and a different document to prove where they live. Example of documents that can be accepted are listed below.
We do not recommend that you send important documents through the post and cannot accept responsibility for anything that may go missing in the postal service. We suggest that you bring documents in to one of our offices where we can photocopy them for you. Unfortunately we are unable to process your application until these have been received.
Proof of Identity
- Current passport.
Current UK full driving licence.
Certified national insurance card accompanied by a P60 certificate
Payslip showing name and national insurance number
Notification from the Benefits Agency confirming the right to any benefit
Personal reference signed by Doctor, Dentist or School Teacher
Photo identification card from a recognised employer based within the common bond area.
Proof of residence
- Original utility bill, dated within the last 3 months; mobile phone bills are not acceptable
Current UK full driving licence (if not used to prove identity)
Original local authority tax bill
Original solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase
Local authority rent card or tenancy agreement
Bank or building society or post office statement
Mortgage statement, dated within the last 12 months
Personal reference from Doctor, Dentist or School Teacher (if not used to prove identity).
There is a one-off membership fee of £5, and a minimum share deposit of £2 which can be collected at the time of application or from your first deposit.